Saturday 6th October 2018
11:00 - 13:00 London, N10 3RT
Modern Japanese bento have become an art from, known as ‘Chara-Ben’. There will be a new theme for this class announced every month, designed by Alice and based on popular characters, any special requests and seasonal variations.
Character bento making is a fantastic way of exploring your creative side by experimenting and decorating with a range of traditional Japanese and also readily available ingredients. We’ll be using natural and healthy food dyes to colour the rice, seaweed and vegetables to decorate with.
This experience includes:
- Learning the art of chara-ben and natural rice dyes
- Making a range of Japanese salads, pickles and at least 2 types of sushi
- Your own reusable bento box (you’re welcome to bring your own if you wish)
- Kawaii Japanese bento accessories to keep
- A PDF to be emailed afterwards, including all class recipes, tips and ingredient lists to continue your bento making
Check out the pictures above for previous class themes and in the meantime please contact me to book!