Whether you’re new to Japanese cookery and sushi making or not, after creating your own bento from scratch you’ll leave with many new skills to really make lunchtime more varied, colourful and healthy.
We eat with our eyes before anything else and this workshop will include making healthy vegetable tempura, delicious seaweed and tofu salads, at least 2 types of sushi, and Japanese style pickles.
An extensive range of proteins like Japanese rolled omelette, natto soybeans, along with fruits and vegetables will be available to encourage creativity and allow you to put personal touches on your final bento. Bento accessories including small forks, mini cupcake holders, and bento dividers will be used to separate and present all foods beautifully.
This experience includes:
- What a bento is composed of and how to present and assemble different ingredients/dishes
- Learning at least 2 types of sushi, quick pickles and marinades
- Your own reusable bento box (you’re welcome to bring your own if you wish)
- Authentic Japanese bento accessories to keep
- A PDF to be emailed afterwards, including all class recipes, tips and ingredient lists to continue your bento making
This class can be tailored to accommodate a vegetarian or vegan diet. Please let us know any dietary requirements in advance.