Modern Japanese bento have become an art from, known as ‘Chara-Ben’. There will be a new theme for this class announced every month, designed by Alice and based on popular characters, any special requests and seasonal variations.
Character bento making is a fantastic way of exploring your creative side by experimenting and decorating with a range of traditional Japanese and also readily available ingredients. We’ll be using natural and healthy food dyes to colour the rice, seaweed and vegetables to decorate with.
This experience includes:
- Learning the art of chara-ben and natural rice dyes
- Making a range of Japanese salads, pickles and at least 2 types of sushi
- Your own reusable bento box (you’re welcome to bring your own if you wish)
- Kawaii Japanese bento accessories to keep
- A PDF to be emailed afterwards, including all class recipes, tips and ingredient lists to continue your bento making